Pizza pot pie is that the true genius mash-up of your dreams.
- YIELDS: 4
- PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, and more for the crust
- 2 c. broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (sweet or spicy), casings removed
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, and more for rolling dough
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. pizza sauce
- 1/2 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. sliced pepperoni
- Freshly grated parmesan, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat kitchen appliance to 400°. in a very 10- or 12-inch oven-safe pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add broccoli and bell peppers and cook, stirring typically, till slightly soft, 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft, four minutes additional.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking it up with a picket spoon, till cooked and now not pink, concerning four minutes. Add flour and stir till vegetables and sausage square measure well coated, then add garlic and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Stir in dish sauce and take away from heat. Let cool ten minutes.
- On a gently floured surface, roll out dish dough into an outsized circle some inches larger than your pan. high sausage mixture with cheese, then place the dough spherical over a pan and thoroughly crimp edges. Brush with oil and high with sausage.
- Bake till crust is golden, concerning forty minutes.
- Let cool ten minutes, then sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley before serving.